Affect is an award-winning NYC-based agency that fuses the disciplines of PR, marketing and social media into communications programs that work. We combine smart people, creative ideas and hard work to achieve stellar results for our clients – and we’re looking for an intern that can not only keep up, but impress industry pros, journalists and our clients alike.
Our team of quick thinkers, engaging writers, fearless media relations specialists and marketers are passionate about what they do, and all of us are equipped with the knowledge and the skill set to make public relations and marketing revenue drivers for our clients.
We take pride in our work and we’re proud to have received honors including being named a PR News’ “Top Place to Work in PR”, PRSA-NY Big Apple Awards and Hermes Creative Awards.
Kick-Start your Career in the Big Apple
The Grand Prize winner will win:
- $5,000 Stipend over 3 Months
- Up to $2,500 Housing Stipend over 3 Months
- The full Affect intern experience this summer
You’ll get to:
- Write an Affect press release
- Write a case study
- Participate in Affect client calls
- Sit in on a journalist interview
- Experience running an Affect social media application (on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn)
- Participate in organizing an Affect event – for a client or Affect
- Attend a New York PR/Marketing Industry event (i.e. PRSA, PCNY, Tech Meet Up etc.)
- Participate as a member of the Affect Internal PR team
- Write for the Affect Blog. See last year's NYIP winner's blog posts here!
- Participate in all Affect team meetings
- Tour a New York media organization (i.e. Reuters, AP, New York Times)
- Learn how to create media lists, pitches and account reports
- See firsthand how to manage PR and social media accounts
- Participate in marketing opportunities, including speaking and award submissions